We are accepting applications to fill a vacancy in Santa Maria for the Agricultural Commissioner/Weights and Measures Department.
THE POSITION: Under direction of a Deputy Agricultural Commissioner, plans, supervises, and participates in the enforcement of federal, state, and local agricultural laws and regulations; and performs related duties as required. This position is overtime exempt.
- Ability to lead and supervise staff working in multiple programs
- Accredited Certification Official (ACO certified)
- Deputy Agricultural Commissioner license
- Deputy Sealer license
- Proficient in: CalAg Permits, Cal Peats, Phytosanitary Certificate Issuance & Tracking System (PCIT)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to adapt to situations quickly
- Demonstrates initiative, drive and energy
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with the public, and staff
- Ability to read, write, and converse in English/Spanish highly desirable.